- Vinyasa Yoga 200hr Teacher Training
- The location
- Dates and costs
- Bookings and cancellations
Are you ready to advance your personal practice of Yoga? To learn Yoga on a deeper, more meaningful level and to help improve the lives of others by teaching Yoga?
The Vinyasa Teacher Training program in Bali 2016, by Swaha Yoga Center is a combination of years of experience, expertise and thousands of hours of training concentrated into a one month transformational experience!
- Tanya Popovich ERYT-500, Yoga Acharya (Master of Yoga) is the program director, founder of Swaha Yoga Center, certified Jivamukti Yoga teacher, with a long background in classical traditional Hatha Yoga systems, Vinyasa, and allignment based Anusara Yoga. With extensive experience of living in Ashrams and training next to great teachers of Yoga worldwide, she is pleased to offer a wide array of trainings along with her team of dedicated and experienced teachers. We are a Yoga Alliance registered school.
Also, Evangelos Apostolopoulos who is E-RYT 200 Yoga teacher, an ex-athlete and who has spent years training in Karate. Recently, he found a new inspiration in life-coaching and what it can do to help one find his way. With a deep understanding of human anatomy and mind, he helps students understand more about their nature and the function of the body in that nature.
Helen Say has over 18 years dedicated practice to yoga and experimentation with a range of styles and teachers. Drawing from an Anusara background she uses principles of alignment combined with devotional flow to create an eclectic and unique mix. Having spent years and hundreds of hours training in Thai massage and Osteothai, she offers her knowledge of sacred touch when both adjusting and teaching students in yoga, and offering healing treatments. She is an on-the-road yogi, teaching retreats and trainings across Europe and Asia, as well as on various yoga gatherings such as Geneva Yoga and Music Festival, Jiva Healing fasting retreats and Swaha Yoga Teacher trainings in various countries, India Yoga Festival and Bhakti Camp in Goa, India.
Students are taught in an environment created to help them feel supported, allow for growth and nourish their personal and spiritual practice. This is done by giving them the chance and opportunity to dive deep and self-reflect in a safe and nurturing environment, exploring the path of Yoga and all of its teachings.
The curriculum draws from the ancient sacred texts such as the Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, Upanishads, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, as well as some modern spiritual teachings such as that of Jiddu Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolle, Emmet Fox, Alan Watts and others. This ancient and modern spiritual wisdom is embedded in our daily practice, both within ourselves and off our yoga mat.
We envision this program for people who want to be Yoga Teachers with skills and inspiration, teaching from the heart, based on their own practice and personal discipline. People with the desire to share the wealth of yoga and enrich the lives of others and themselves.
This particular Swaha Yoga teacher training is based on Vinyasa Yoga, however upon completion of this program the student can include any kind of audience and adopt the teachings according to the students' needs.
The daily schedule includes two meditations sessions, two yoga classes, two lectures, Chanting, Satsang, service to the community and time study.
There will be two weekends off, April 9-10 and April 16-17, the last weekend will be only a one day break on April 23.
- +The Asanas (yoga postures)
- The morning Asanas lesson is dedicated to your personal practice. The afternoon practice consists of your practice and the teaching of how to teach others. The daily in-depth practice includes:
Basic Warm Ups
Sun Salutations Variations
Basic, medium and advanced yoga asanas
Deep relaxation techniques
Benefits and contraindications of asanas
Vinyasa creation (flow)
Injuries and special population
- Breathing techniques to control and expand the vital energy.
Basic methods of breathing
Methods for extending the breath-ability
Introduction to Advanced Pranayama
- Analytical exploration of the muscle-skeletal system with understanding of its function so the trainee can create safe sequences for its future students and sequences to evolve their practice.
We will see the common yoga injuries and how we can avoid them by combining alignment with body's biomechanics.
Introduction to the main body systems: cardiovascular, respiritory, digestive, endocrine, skeletal and muscular and the effecst of asanas and pranayamas on these systems.
- Classical techniques to cleanse the eyes, nose, nasal passages, oesophagus, internal organs and intestines:
What is Meditation
Why and how to meditate
Effects of meditation
Experiences in meditation
- +Philosophy of Yoga
The Four Paths of Yoga:
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - a detailed study of the text and commentary
Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy
Introduction to Tantra
BhagavadGita - depth study of the text and commentary
- +Yogic Diet
How diet affect brain and all the systems of our body
The impact of our nutrition for our planet and the environment
The concept of Ahimsa
Right balance of key nutrients
Suitable combination of foods
Therapeutic effects of fasting
- +Teaching Practice
- The last two weeks of the Teacher Training, students will teach each other under the guidance of experienced teachers.
Creating a safe environment for the classroom
How to hold the seat of a teacher
Language and tone of voice
General advice for teaching a course
Teaching of basic Hatha / Vinyasa / Gentle Course
Teaching intermediate Hatha / Vinyasa / Gentle Course
Teaching a mixed level class
Teaching a class with special emphasis
Create a theme
Guided relaxation techniques
Hands on Assists
Injury and modifications for special population
How to address challenging situations
- Chanting is a practice that develops a very clean vibration and lifts the practitioner to the Higher Self. It is one of the most effective practices to reach transformation.
We will be starting and ending the day with Chanting to lift our spirits, open our hearts and clear the mind.
- +Karma Yoga
- Karma Yoga is a practice of selfless service. It is a way to reach Oneness, as the work is done as an offering without any thought for personal benefit. All students will take part in the work that needs to be done for the smooth functioning of the community.
- Satsang means "to be in the company of truth and wisdom". We will study, read and contemplate on scriptures of ancient enlightened beings and modern teachers while also discussing how can we transfer their essence in our daily lives.
07.00-09.00 : Asana, Pranayama and meditation
09:00-11.00 : Breakfast and break
11.00-13.00 : Philosophy / Anatomy
13.00-16.00 : Break / Study
16.00-19.00 : Asana Class / Methodology
20.00-21.00: Evening Satsang
The resort is an exclusive Bali holiday destination on the picturesque South West coast of Bali, not far from the renowned Tanah Lot temple in Tabanan. An intimate boutique hotel of eleven independent vacation villas nestled among tropical gardens and scenic rice paddies.
The resort overlooks its own private beach carved into the volcanic rock. The setting is spectacular, natural caves and ancient stone carvings offering romantic walks across adjacent cliff top, headlands, rice paddies, coconut groves and deserted beaches. It is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.
Each villa discreetly nestles within its own walled garden offering view across rice paddies, palm fringed gardens and the rugged Balian beach coastline. Private terraces invite you to lounge amidst the clouds and the crown of palm. Tucked in between rice fields, the 27 meters long pool is built around the shape of a rice terrace.
A stroll toward the ocean lead to a small cape covered with thick alang - alang grasses, ending on a cliff from where view extend towards both end of the island. One of the resort's two headlands is maintained as a protected area for the Water Monitor, a timid unaggressive lizard which can grow to 1.7m in length. You can make wonderful walks on the 30 km long deserted beach.
To reserve your place, please fill out the application provided. Deposit of €540* to reserve your spot and pay the balance due, according to the dates for early bird, or that of the regular price
*the deposit is non-refundable
If you need to cancel your participation in the program, refund is as follows:
- 50% refund for cancellations up to 40 days from the beginning of the training
- 20% refund for cancellations up to 20 days from the beginning of the training
- For cancellations after 20 days before the beginning of the training, there is no refund.