- Vinyasa Yoga 200hr Teacher Training
- The location
- Dates and costs
- Bookings and cancellations
Are you ready to advance your personal practice of Yoga? To learn Yoga on a deeper, more meaningful level and to help improve the lives of others by teaching Yoga?
Swaha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training program in Βahia, Brazil 2016-2017 is a combination of years of experience, expertise and thousands of hours of training concentrated into a one month transformational experience!
- Tanya Popovich ERYT-500, Yoga Acharya (Master of Yoga) is the program director, founder of Swaha Yoga Center, certified Jivamukti Yoga teacher, with a long background in classical traditional Hatha Yoga systems, Vinyasa, and alignment based Anusara Yoga. With extensive experience of living in Ashrams and training next to great teachers of Yoga worldwide, she is pleased to offer a wide array of trainings along with her team of dedicated and experienced teachers. Tanya directs 200-hr and 500-hr Teacher Trainings internationally. All are Yoga Alliance registered. By her side this year in Brazil will be teaching Polyxeni Aklidi.
Η Polyxeni Aklidi is a certified Jivamukti Yoga teacher and an actress. Her interest in meditation and yoga began during her studies in drama school, where she began sensing the innate wisdom of the body. She has travelled from Brazil to India, the US, England and Costa Rica meeting great teachers and sharing her knowledge and inspiration along the way. Polyxeni is fluent in Portuguese.
Students are taught in an environment created to help them feel supported, allow for growth and nourish their personal and spiritual practice. This is done by giving them the chance and opportunity to dive deep and self-reflect in a safe and nurturing environment, exploring the path of Yoga and all of its teachings.
The curriculum draws from the ancient sacred texts such as the Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, Upanishads, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, as well as some modern spiritual teachings such as that of Jiddu Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolle, Emmet Fox, Alan Watts and others. This ancient and modern spiritual wisdom is embedded in our daily practice, both within ourselves and off our yoga mat.
We envision this program for people who want to be Yoga Teachers with skills and inspiration, teaching from the heart, based on their own practice and personal discipline. People with the desire to share the wealth of yoga and enrich the lives of others and themselves.
This particular Swaha Yoga teacher training is based on Vinyasa Yoga, however upon completion of this program the student can include any kind of audience and adopt the teachings according to the students' needs.
The daily schedule includes two meditations sessions, two yoga classes, two lectures, Chanting, Satsang, service to the community and time study.
- +The Asanas (yoga postures)
- The morning Asanas lesson is dedicated to your personal practice. The afternoon practice consists of your practice and the teaching of how to teach others. The daily in-depth practice includes:
Basic Warm Ups
Sun Salutations Variations
Basic, medium and advanced yoga asanas
Deep relaxation techniques
Benefits and contraindications of asanas
Vinyasa creation (flow)
Injuries and special population
- Breathing techniques to control and expand the vital energy.
Basic methods of breathing
Methods for extending the breath-ability
Introduction to Advanced Pranayama
- Analytical exploration of the muscle-skeletal system with understanding of its function so the trainee can create safe sequences for its future students and sequences to evolve their practice.
We will see the common yoga injuries and how we can avoid them by combining alignment with body's biomechanics.
Introduction to the main body systems: cardiovascular, respiritory, digestive, endocrine, skeletal and muscular and the effecst of asanas and pranayamas on these systems.
- Classical techniques to cleanse the eyes, nose, nasal passages, oesophagus, internal organs and intestines:
What is Meditation
Why and how to meditate
Effects of meditation
Experiences in meditation
- +Philosophy of Yoga
The Four Paths of Yoga:
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - a detailed study of the text and commentary
Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy
Introduction to Tantra
BhagavadGita - depth study of the text and commentary
- +Yogic Diet
How diet affect brain and all the systems of our body
The impact of our nutrition for our planet and the environment
The concept of Ahimsa
Right balance of key nutrients
Suitable combination of foods
Therapeutic effects of fasting
- +Teaching Practice
- The last two weeks of the Teacher Training, students will teach each other under the guidance of experienced teachers.
Creating a safe environment for the classroom
How to hold the seat of a teacher
Language and tone of voice
General advice for teaching a course
Teaching of basic Hatha / Vinyasa / Gentle Course
Teaching intermediate Hatha / Vinyasa / Gentle Course
Teaching a mixed level class
Teaching a class with special emphasis
Create a theme
Guided relaxation techniques
Hands on Assists
Injury and modifications for special population
How to address challenging situations
- Chanting is a practice that develops a very clean vibration and lifts the practitioner to the Higher Self. It is one of the most effective practices to reach transformation.
We will be starting and ending the day with Chanting to lift our spirits, open our hearts and clear the mind.
- +Karma Yoga
- Karma Yoga is a practice of selfless service. It is a way to reach Oneness, as the work is done as an offering without any thought for personal benefit. All students will take part in the work that needs to be done for the smooth functioning of the community.
- Satsang means "to be in the company of truth and wisdom". We will study, read and contemplate on scriptures of ancient enlightened beings and modern teachers while also discussing how can we transfer their essence in our daily lives.
The Eco-village Piracanga is situated in Bahia, on the Atlantic coast of Brazil. It is part of the protected nature resort of the peninsula of Marau, an idyllic area of islands, mangroves, palm trees, lakes and deserted beaches, 6 km away from the lively surf town of Itacare.
Piracanga is a community formed by of a group of people with a dream to create a place to live and work in harmony with nature. Their intention is to inspire humanity to be more happy and free. They believe that whatever transformation we might want from the world has to start from within ourselves.
The “Eco village Piracanga” has a strong relationship with the Center for Art and Human development “Piracanga”, a center where people can learn and experience the miracle of life in an inspiring environment. People from over 20 different nationalities and a large Brazilian majority make up part of the Eco Village family.
Teacher Training Course 200 hours:
14 December 2016 – 10 January 2017
Early Bird Price (paid in full by September 20th): €2450*
Regular Price: €2,600*
Accommodation is in twin shared and 4 bed bedrooms. Rooms will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Limited space available.
The above prices include:
- Accommodation for the duration of the training
- Nutrition for the duration of the training
- Training fees
- Training Manual
*The above prices do not include VAT 24%
We suggest that you arrive a day or 2 before the training program to settle in. Price for accommodation on those days is €40 per day with 2 meals included. There are no classes on these days.
After completing the online application, you need to deposit €540 (non-refundable) to hold your spot, and pay the remaining balance according to the date due.
To reserve your place, please fill out the application provided. Deposit of €540* to reserve your spot and pay the balance due, according to the dates for early bird, or that of the regular price
*the deposit is non-refundable
If you need to cancel your participation in the program, refund is as follows:
- 50% refund for cancellations up to 40 days from the beginning of the training
- 20% refund for cancellations up to 20 days from the beginning of the training
- For cancellations after 20 days before the beginning of the training, there is no refund.