- Yoga Teacher Training 200hr
- Daily schedule
- Dates and costs
- Booking and Cancellation Policies
- Student Testimonials
This particular Swaha Yoga teacher training is based on Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga, so that upon completion of this program the trainee can include any kind of audience and adopt the teachings according to the students' needs
This Teacher Training course by Swaha Yoga Center, which will take place in Crete, is a combination of years of experience, expertise and thousands of hours of training concentrated into a one month transformational experience
- Tanya Popovich ERYT-500, Yoga Acharya (Master of Yoga) is the program director, founder of Swaha Yoga Center, certified Jivamukti Yoga teacher, with a long background in classical traditional Hatha Yoga systems, Vinyasa, and allignment based Anusara Yoga. With extensive experience of living in Ashrams and training next to great teachers of Yoga worldwide, she is pleased to offer a wide array of trainings along with her team of dedicated and experienced teachers. We are a Yoga Alliance registered school.
Also, Evangelos Apostolopoulos who is E-RYT 200 Yoga teacher, an ex-athlete and who has spent years training in Karate. Recently, he found a new inspiration in life-coaching and what it can do to help one find his way. With a deep understanding of human anatomy and mind, he helps students understand more about their nature and the function of the body in that nature.
Helen Say has over 18 years dedicated practice to yoga and experimentation with a range of styles and teachers. Drawing from an Anusara background she uses principles of alignment combined with devotional flow to create an eclectic and unique mix. Having spent years and hundreds of hours training in Thai massage and Osteothai, she offers her knowledge of sacred touch when both adjusting and teaching students in yoga, and offering healing treatments. She is an on-the-road yogi, teaching retreats and trainings across Europe and Asia, as well as on various yoga gatherings such as Geneva Yoga and Music Festival, Jiva Healing fasting retreats and Swaha Yoga Teacher trainings in various countries, India Yoga Festival and Bhakti Camp in Goa, India.
Students are taught in an environment created to help them feel supported, allow for growth and nourish their personal and spiritual practice. This is done by giving them the chance and opportunity to dive deep and self-reflect in a safe and nurturing environment, exploring the path of Yoga and all of its teachings.
This particular Swaha Yoga teacher training is based on Vinyasa Yoga, however upon completion of this program the student can include any kind of audience and adopt the teachings according to the students' needs.
Swaha Yoga has two main categories Swaha Vinyasa Yoga and Swaha Hatha Yoga so that by completing this programs the students can accomodate the students according to their needs.
The curicculum is based in Classical Yoga drawing knowledge from ancient sacred scripts like the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, Upanishads, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Tantric Yoga, and through some modern spiritual teachings like those of Jiddu Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolle, Emmet Fox and others. This ancient and modern spiritual wisdom is embodied in our daily practice on and off the yoga mat.
Daily schedule includes two meditation sessions, two yoga asana classes, two lectures, chanting, satsang, karma yoga and study time. One day a week is lecture-free
- +The Asanas (yoga postures)
- The morning Asanas lesson is dedicated to your personal practice. The afternoon practice consists of your practice and the teaching of how to teach others. The daily in-depth practice includes:
Basic Warm Ups
Sun Salutations Variations
Basic, medium and advanced yoga asanas
Deep relaxation techniques
Benefits and contraindications of asanas
Vinyasa creation (flow)
Injuries and special population
- Breathing techniques to control and expand the vital energy.
Basic methods of breathing
Methods for extending the breath-ability
Introduction to Advanced Pranayama
- Analytical exploration of the muscle-skeletal system with understanding of its function so the trainee can create safe sequences for its future students and sequences to evolve their practice.
We will see the common yoga injuries and how we can avoid them by combining alignment with body's biomechanics.
Introduction to the main body systems: cardiovascular, respiritory, digestive, endocrine, skeletal and muscular and the effecst of asanas and pranayamas on these systems.
- Classical techniques to cleanse the eyes, nose, nasal passages, oesophagus, internal organs and intestines:
What is Meditation
Why and how to meditate
Effects of meditation
Experiences in meditation
- +Philosophy of Yoga
The Four Paths of Yoga:
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - a detailed study of the text and commentary
Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy
Introduction to Tantra
BhagavadGita - depth study of the text and commentary
- +Yogic Diet
How diet affect brain and all the systems of our body
The impact of our nutrition for our planet and the environment
The concept of Ahimsa
Right balance of key nutrients
Suitable combination of foods
Therapeutic effects of fasting
- +Teaching Practice
- The last two weeks of the Teacher Training, students will teach each other under the guidance of experienced teachers.
Creating a safe environment for the classroom
How to hold the seat of a teacher
Language and tone of voice
General advice for teaching a course
Teaching of basic Hatha / Vinyasa / Gentle Course
Teaching intermediate Hatha / Vinyasa / Gentle Course
Teaching a mixed level class
Teaching a class with special emphasis
Create a theme
Guided relaxation techniques
Hands on Assists
Injury and modifications for special population
How to address challenging situations
- Chanting is a practice that develops a very clean vibration and lifts the practitioner to the Higher Self. It is one of the most effective practices to reach transformation.
We will be starting and ending the day with Chanting to lift our spirits, open our hearts and clear the mind.
- +Karma Yoga
- Karma Yoga is a practice of selfless service. It is a way to reach Oneness, as the work is done as an offering without any thought for personal benefit. All students will take part in the work that needs to be done for the smooth functioning of the community.
- Satsang means "to be in the company of truth and wisdom". We will study, read and contemplate on scriptures of ancient enlightened beings and modern teachers while also discussing how can we transfer their essence in our daily lives.
- Metacom eco-cottages, are made by Mario Sommer, who moved from Germany to Palaiochora, fell in love with the place and decided to live permanently there.
It is a natural built construction of rooms and yoga shala in the side of the mountain between Palaiochora and Anydrous villages on the south part of Chania. Beach is only a few minutes away by car or a 20 minute walk down through a canyon from Anydrous.
The next Yoga Teacher Training 200hr is on:
July 9 to August 6 2016
Greek Nationals fee
Early Bird Price (paid in full by April 15th): €1.850*
Regular Price: €2.050*
International Students fee
Early Bird Price (paid in full by April 15th): €2.000*
Regular Price: €2.250*
Tent space: €1.450* -flat rate- tent is not included (limited availability)
Accomodation is in shared room, and are given in a first-come first-served basis. Limited spots.
The above prices include:
- Accommodation for the duration of the training
- Nutrition for the duration of the training
- Training fees
- Training Manual
*Prices do not include VAT 24%
After you fill in the on-line application, a deposit of €500 is required to reserve your spot (non-refundable), and balance due according to the arranged date.
*deposits are non-refundable
50% return for cancellations up to 50 days prior the training.
20% return for cancellations up to 30 days prior the training
For cancellations in less than 30 days prior the training starts, there is no refund.
Amorgos is a powerful place. The rock and sea of this Small Cycladic island, with its winding mountainous roads that hug the emerald Aegean, whisper truths in a way that inspire self-reflection over passive relaxation.
It’s not that we expected relaxation. Although our base was on Aegalis beach at Lakki Village, our yoga-teachers-to-be were aware of the strict adjustments demanded by the following month of training.
- I followed the basic yoga training and that the aerial and I was absolutely delighted.Συγκεκριμένα, έχωντας παρακολουθήσει στο παρελθόν αντίστοιχες εκπαιδεύσεις και κάνωντας τη σύγκριση, το Swaha διαθέτει έμπειρους και μεταδοτικούς δασκάλους που ασπάζονται και ακολουθούν και οι ίδιοι τις βασικές αρχές της yoga, πλήρη manuals, σωστή οργάνωση χρόνου διαδασκαλίας και το πιο σημαντικό για εμένα: επαγγελματική ευκαιρία για τον μελλοντικό δάσκαλο και χρόνο μαζί του, μετά την ολοκλήρωση του εκπαιδευτικού! Την προτείνω και θα συνεχίσω να την προτείνω σε όσους περισσότερους μπορώ!!- Marianthi Achliopta, yoga teacher
- Πήρα πολλά πράγματα από την εκπαίδευση το καλοκαίρι. Η Τάνια με τις ατελείωτες γνώσεις, η Jonni με το πάθος και ο Βαγγέλης με τον tough και λεπτομερή τρόπο διδασκαλίας, αλληλοσυμπληρώνουν μια ομάδα εκπαιδευτών πολύ ολοκληρωμένη.Θυμάμαι ότι σε όλους άρεσε η ανατομία! Προσωπικά βοηθήθηκα πολύ στην δουλεία λόγω καλύτερης συγκέντρωσης αλλά και η επικοινωνία μου με τους γύρω βελτιώθηκε αισθητά.Yannis March, lawyer
- It was an amazing experience that I would repeat again! A life experience! The teachers gave generously their knowledge and love. I gained tools to start a new life! Thank you from my heart!-Giota Terzi, private employee